MY PRINCESS
O Princess, do you wait for me in the castle?
The castle guarded by a dragon which blows fire in its every breath?
Do you wait for me, looking through the small window in the highest tower?
You wait there expecting that I will come there some day to rescue you,
From the curse of confinement.
Princess, I wish I was a knight, valiant and strong,
I wish I had a powerful horse to run across the fragile bridge over the lava pool,
I wish I had a sword to slash the brutal dragons head,
Then find a way through a maze right into your room,
Where you have been locked for years.
How amazing it would be to see the beautiful you sleep,
To see your soft and fair face by the full moon light,
A face that brings calm to any lover’s heart.
To see your pink lips waiting for a kiss
My kiss…
But Princess… I am not a brave knight,
Neither have I a black horse nor a heavy sword.
I am just a shepherd, a poet.
Everyday when I pass by your castle, you look at me.
Oh! Such a pain I see in your eyes,
My heart aches.
Even if some day I save you,
Break you free from curse, by some trick,
You will be mine for sure,
But Princess you are so delicate, like a flower,
What if I can’t care?
You have been detached from the world for so long,
I will have to guide your every step.
I will have to earn strength to protect you from the evils all around.
Princess, I am not so strong, what if I fail?
There are some days, when my sheep feeds on green grass on that mountain in the east,
I sit under a willow and look at the setting sun,
The beauty of the sky mesmerizes me,
I tend to forget all that is around me, even you Princess,
Some pleasing thoughts come to me.
I think I am a lost soul myself, Princess.
How will I guide your journey?
How will I preserve your smile?
I am too afraid o princess, what if I get lost?
O Princess, I adore you,
But I am not a knight.
May you wait for the stronger to come,
I will wait for mine.
I will wait for My Princess,
The one who might not be tender as you are,
But will have arms strong enough to hold me tight
Whenever I am lost,
Courage enough to show me the path,
Even if there is no light,
Love that will assure me safety,
Even in the worst times.
The one I shall find even in the trance during the sunset…
So please forgive me, o Princess,
I am not a knight,
Just a shepherd, a poet…
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You read Khayyam??
no???
you should...
metaphors are the real strengths of a poet...
I love your writing...
as always...
thank you bro.
u r not a shephard.....u r truly "A POET"....and i mean it...
thanks [:)]
some will look for the rhyming, some for the literary content--but what mesmerizd me is the pathos that is imbibed in it!
a masterpiece!!
wat i liked is that u subtly demarcated between reality and fantasy---the tender princess~your fantasy & the strong suportiv woman~ur reality!
too good!!!
Post a Comment