LOOKING THROUGH A MISTY GLASS
Was it not yesterday that sky seemed so clear,
The sun so soft, the sky so blue and every reason to cheer.
Yes, it was yesterday when the oak tree by my window,
Showed its allurement with its branches so bright, leaves so green.
It was just yesterday when the birds brought from far,
Twigs and dry grass to build a nest;
It was looking like a mothers lap this morning……
All of it is now so blur,
Patches of green so mixed with brown,
No more can I see the conspicuous yellow strokes.
The birds are lost in the midst of nowhere.
There I see a shadow….. of a human,
Drifting with the breeze, a stretch never less.
Yes he was a friend of mine…. He is no more,
Every time his back I saw I felt so thorough.
Time haunted me like a gloomy spirit;
But why does it seem today…… the breeze, which I can’t feel,
So pleasant, so soothing yet taking a part of me away.
It was may be yesterday or the day before,
That this little girl with her stray dog roamed about the streets,
In search of some scrap also a bit of rotten food.
Beyond my glass window today she appears as a patch of grey,
A patch so similar to the sky, that it seems all the same.
And yet with all my zeal inside sit, sit and watch;
My soul so full of me, so afraid to open a mere window.
I watched today the space outside through a misty glass……..
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
m bowled over by this!!
we are such egoistic bastards that we dont evn express our inabilities!!
but u did express! this hits ryt across !!
strong, ruthless yet calm!
hw do u manage this!
great!!!!!
Post a Comment